INFORMATION FOR BORROWERS
Appraisal is the process of obtaining an estimate of value for a specific purpose (In our case: refinance, purchase or other.)
We schedule the appointments in two-hour time-slots (appointment windows) to allow for delays and/or traffic.
Preperation for the appraisal
- General spruce-up/clean-up is a good idea, but NOT required. However, don't start any remodeling project unless you are absolutely sure that you can complete it!
- If we are appraising a condominium, townhouse, or a PUD, please be ready to provide us with the HOA or Managers' contact information upon arrival.
On the day of the appraisal
- Be aware that the appraiser may arrive anytime within the scheduled appointment window. The appraiser will be at your property for about 30min, but this depends on the complexity of your home design.
- Please secure all pets for safety
- For safety reasons, the appraiser may not take off his shoes. If you don't want the appraiser to walk with his shoes inside, please provide booties or plastic bags to put over his shoes.
What we do:
- 1. We take exterior and interior photographs of your property. Please make sure that ALL rooms are accessible. (People, pets, personal photos, and religious artifacts may NOT appear on photographs and they may be blacked-out before submission to the client)
- 2. We take measurements and sketch your property while taking notes about it. If you already have a floorplan from the builder or from an older appraisal, it will be helpful (but not necessary).
Please be aware that, by law, the appraiser cannot comment on the appraisal value and cannot provide you a copy of the appraisal. For a copy, please contact your lender/broker.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.